AAP-ETPT, Applied Analysis Platform-Electrical Transport Module
The AAP-ETPT Module is interchangeable with the standard C-Mag sample rod and allows for the collection of Resistivity, Hall Effect and AC/DC Transport measurements. The module features a sample mount (puck) design which is affixed to a carrier allowing for 12 each Mill-Max pin connections for sample wiring. The experimental assembly includes a polished isothermal sample shield, threaded to the sample mount and an Inner Vacuum Chamber with a conical seal which allows for operation in exchange gas or vacuum mode.
- 25mm OD sample mount (Puck) with 12 wire sample interconnections
- Sample puck design: Users choice, Flat phenolic sample mounting surface or Window style with 0.45 x 0.55 cutout of the phenolic allowing for direct mount to the cold stage. Additional sample mounts are available and all are interchangeable with the puck base.
- Puck Base with Mill-Max pin connections for sample wiring, fitted with calibrated Cernox temperature sensor and bifilar wound heater.
- Gold plating on all subassemblies
- Operating temperature: <1.8K to 425K depending on sample environment.
2 and 4 wire configuration for Resistivity, Hall Effect and AC/DC Transport measurements dV/dI vs I or dV/dI vs V).
Dual instruments are provided to allow for independent measurements on two separate channels.
- Voltage Range: 1nV to 200V
- Current Range: 50pA to 1.00A
- 20w Maximum
- Voltage Range: 2nV to 1V
- Current Range: 1pA to 150mA
- Frequency: 1mHz to 100KHz
- Noise: 1nV/√Hz@1kHz (Typ)
- Sensitivity: ±10nΩ RMS (Typ)
- Phase Resolution: 0.01o
- 4 or 5 Wire configuration
- Multiple samples compatible
- 4-Wire resistance up to 10MΩ
- 2-Wire resistance up to 5GΩ
- 2 each Keithley or equivalent AC/DC Current Source
- 2 each Keithley or equivalent NanoVoltmeter
AAP-ACS, Applied Analysis Platform-AC Susceptibility Module:
The C-Mag AC Susceptibility (AAP-ACS) Modules consists of a specialised sample probe which may be interchanged with any of the various analytical modules available for the C-Mag platform. Major components of the AAP-ACS Module include specialised sample rod with exchangeable tips and integral pickup coils. An industry standard Lock-in Amplifier and Function Generator are provided.
Note: AAP-ACS and AAP-VSM modules both share the same coils.
- Sensitivity: 10-7 emu.
- DC Sensitivity: 10-6 emu.
- Frequency Range: <10Hz to >10KHz.
- Phase Resolution: 0.5 deg.
- Stability: ±1% for T<50K, ±0.5% for T>50K, or better.
- Accuracy: ±0.5% over the entire temperature and field range.
AAP-VSM, Applied Analysis Platform-VSM Module:
The C-Mag Vibrating Sample Magnetometer (AAP-VSM) Module consists of a specialised sample probe which may be interchanged with any of the various analytical modules available for the C-Mag platform. Major components of the AAP-VSM Module include a linear drive unit and encoder, sample rod with exchangeable tips, integral pickup coils and sample heater. An industry standard Lock-in Amplifier is used to measure the induced voltage from the pickup coils. Incorporating the AAP-VSM Module into the C-Mag Platform allows for controlled sweeping of the magnetic field as well as temperature, frequency, amplitude and stroke.
- Sensitivity: 10-6 emu.
- Temperature Range: <4K – >300K
- Maximum Frequency: 40Hz (20 Hz typical)
- Amplitude: 10mm (+ 5mm)
Frequency and amplitude are inversely proportional.
- Max sample mass 10 grammes
- Accuracy 0.5%
Cryomagnetics Navigator Software Control System with Computer:
- Navigator is a software package that allows complete automation of the superconducting magnet system control electronics.
- Automated analysis package for all quoted Applied Analysis Platform Modules, ETPT, ACS and VSM measurements at varied temperatures and magnetics field LabVIEW Based.